Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Morning Routine

In our quest to return to some sense of normality we decided to work on a morning routine. There are still boxes that need to be unpacked and rooms that need to be organized, but things were really starting to feel out of control, so we sat down and made little morning routine charts. Both kids decorated their own chart with drawings of each step of the routine. My 5 year old stuck his on the wall right by his bed, so it is visable when he first wakes up.

Having a morning routine has really helped. We still need to work on the rest of the day though. But we are doing pretty well up to lunch time :) Even getting some school work done.

We have kept things simple. I want a few chores done, but not a huge list. I've found that when I try to have the kids do a grand list of chores before school I lose a lot of their best concentrating time. We are working on having another time for chores later in the day. Basically they are just getting ready for the day, making their beds and cleaning up after breakfast. I get the laundry going and work in the kitchen too. Then we get straight into schoolwork. So far it is working very well. I'd love to add a few things to my routine, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Moving and having a baby have certainly put me on a learning curve!

No comments:

Post a Comment